More Adventures of a Single Woman

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Domestic

Goddess

Goddess
Toni Carmine Salerno

I've been playing house lately... Doing all sorts of domestic type things. Planting a garden... decorating... spring cleaning... home improvements... cooking dinner. Even Martha Stewart would be proud. Now, this may seem like nothing unusual. After all I'm a *cough* 30 something year old woman *cough* who was married and got to play house for 10 years. But that is ~exactly~ why it's so noteworthy. I have been avoiding most things that remind me of my life P.D. (pre-divorce). Determined to recreate myself; to rewrite my life to include all of the things I felt I were missing, and erasing the things I didn't want to be a part of my life.

Since the divorce, I've done a lot of things I missed out on while I was married. I have had a chance to travel (which I love), I've stayed at nice hotels and eaten at nice restaurant's... places I would have never even hoped to patronize P.D. My sex life has blossomed and I've gotten to explore fantasies that, up until now, have been locked away deep in my mind. I take time to have fun... I've gone to the theatre, the symphony, concerts, and amusement parks more then I could have imagined. I've learned not to overplan things too much (ok... I'm still working on that one) I've taken up new interests and made new friends; in a sense revised my Biography. And I like it... I like my life now. But something was still missing.

What was missing were the chapters that I had torn out in an attempt to be free of my old life... but I've discovered those chapters are an important parts if who I am. So I have started to reintergrate those things back into my life. Who would have guessed it... I actually like playing house. I may not be Martha (thank the goddess), but I'm discovering a happy little home-maker in this woman I've become. I guess I don't have to erase all of who I was P.D., I just have to figure out what's worth keeping and what need to be tossed. And that's pretty easy to do... all I have to do is figure out if I am doing something out of habit or becasue it makes me genuinely happy. So, I'll be keeping Ms. Domestic around for a bit... At least the parts that I enjoy (Notice laundry is no where in the above list... that's what laundry services are for *grin*)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*smiles* your doing great,*hands you some pruning shears* try these for those hard to cut areas. And just like flowers, cut the bad so that the good might grow. *hugs*

~Grata

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post!
::Maximum bear huggage::
I love you G.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home